Thursday, January 20, 2022

Digital Currency vs. Voting

 

The U.S. Federal Reserve Bank released a paper on a central bank digital currency.  ZeroHedge reported:

The bank in the paper said a digital dollar could bolster the financial system by ensuring the U.S. dollar remains the preeminent currency in the international financial system, improve cross-border payments and increase financial inclusion and ease the dollar’s use in new technology.

If the Central Bank can improve inclusion through digital currency, why can't the United States do likewise with digital voting.  That would help nursing home residents and other home bound citizens.

Texas counties are rejecting an unusually high number of mail in ballot vote applications due to changes in Texas law.     My Congressman wants me to continue to go to the polls to vote and believes my Social Security number should be on my ballot.  

Only a handful of countries allow some form of digital voting.  If I could vote via computer from home I could provide myself a bottle of water and avoid a long wait in line in potentially extreme weather.