Friday, August 25, 2023

Oliver/Chris Reveals His Mission

 A friend encouraged me to wait and not judge the singer or the song "Rich Men North of Richmond."  I'm glad I did.  

It's all about the human spirit.  I couldn't agree with him more.

Update 8-26-23:  Laying in bed early this morning a song ran through my head:

"...'cuz I'm a self-servin', stock tradin' member of Congress..."

Update 8-27-23:  Oliver added via tweet:

“I. Don’t. Support. Either. Side. Politically. Not the left, not the right. I'm about supporting people and restoring local communities. Now, go breath some fresh air and relax. Please? :) I’m not worth obsessing over, I promise. Go spend time with your loved ones.”

Update 8-28-23:  Blue Team Senator Chris Murphy scolded his party for its negative reaction to Chris/Oliver and his smash hit song.  It behooves one to know something before saying something.

Update 9-12-23:  Chris/Oliver cancelled a concert in Tennessee over ticket prices.

Chris/Oliver told fans on social media not to buy tickets to his scheduled concert on Sept. 27 because they were $90 and $200 for a meet and greet. "That's not acceptable."  "These are supposed to be affordable shows."

Update 9-22-23:  Chris/Oliver signed with a Nashville based agent.  

Update 3-26-24:  Oliver Anthony will play in at Cook's Garage in Lubbock on April 6th.