Friday, July 12, 2024

Witness Histrionics

Nashville will host this year's Bitcoin Con and former President Donald Trump will headline the event.  Berkshire Hathaway's Charlie Munger was not a fan of cryptocurrencies:

"I think the people who are professional traders that go into trading cryptocurrencies, it's just disgusting," he said. "It's like somebody else is trading turds and you decide, ‘I can't be left out.’"

“Suppose you could make a lot of money trading freshly harvested baby brains," he said. "You wouldn't trade them, would you? It's too awful a concept. To me, Bitcoin is almost as bad. ... I regard the thing as a combination of dementia and immorality. And I think the people pushing it are a disgrace.”

An industry without intrinsic value that appeals to the criminal class.  Yes, Donald Trump is the perfect spokesperson.